This pre-alpha test build lets camera key wake it up (once awake you see a clock, and you can use the notification panel, or press back to unlock) and keeps volume and focus camera key presses from waking the screen. Power still instant unlocks just like the rest of the myLock versions.
I am skipping alpha release for this as the first implementation of it is already in myLock complete (though non-functional as a lockscreen) and my test build APK is also up for download because I forgot to delete it.
The beta is pending completion of To-Dos:
- Add phone listener that stops it from placing the custom lockscreen during calls -- done
- Handle opening the slider as a wakeup event (stays asleep currently) -- done
- Support customization for users to add widgets & app launchers -- proof of concept for widgets is done
- Get the home key exit consistently processing correctly --mostly done
- Get the phone call event handling rock solid --- mostly done
- Figure out how to let the power key still unlock after an accidental press of a locked key --got a working fix that inexplicably won't work for the volume keys but does for camera/cam focus
- figure out why random apps seem to interfere when lockscreen comes on over the top of them -- no idea. it seems to be odd lag and because it takes too long the lockscreen can't close itself since screen isn't waking up
- Implement the 5 second re-lock grace period and also a longer timeout for pattern lockdown
- Implement settings screen for configuring unlock/wakeup/locked down keys. I will ensure it supports double press and long press as well. Maybe you want all keys locked down except when double pressed. It will be able to do that.
- Possible implementation of a lockdown mode. This is an extra security level allowing the user to place phone into lockdown requiring they type in their password to get out of it. The lockdown mode works by intercepting attempts to leave the lockdown screen and forcing it to open again. If I can get it rock solid where it even overrides the call answering screen, then I may include this feature in the beta.
- Finish creating the 2.0 optimized lock-skip mode that actually uses a replacement lockscreen window with no customization -- 70% done